Application Deadline: April 15th, 2018:
The Student Innovation Challenge is about collaboration, innovation and creativity. Students from across Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria will pitch their innovative ideas, learn the skills required to start and grow a successful business, perfect pitch delivery, receive business developmental support and join a network of successful entrepreneurs and innovators. 37 FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE 1 MILLION NAIRA EACH IN SEED FUND.
During the Demo Day, the boot camp finalists will have the opportunity to present their innovative ideas to the President or Vice-President, Investors and stakeholders in the public and private sector in Abuja. The selected applicants will have 3 minutes to pitch their idea, and a five-minute Q&A session with panelists. There will also be an exhibition of all ideas during the demo day event where the finalists can discuss their ideas with potential investors/donors.
SIC is open to undergraduate students in any accredited University or Polytechnic in Nigeria. Your pitch must be solving a local challenge.
- You must be a current university or polytechnic undergraduate.
- An idea can be submitted by an individual or a team, but all team members must be university undergraduates.
- Only one entry per team or individual.
- Each team should have a maximum of 3 members inclusive of one team leader.
- Your idea must be technologically driven.
- All pre-shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch at the regional finals event.
37 Finalists will receive 1 MILLION NAIRA each in SEED FUNDING. Funds must go towards advancing your idea. Reimbursements and/or invoices, not cash awards and funding will be disbursed on agreed milestones.