Application Deadline: January 31st, 2020
Announced at the press conference presenting the 2020 Africa-France Summit held in Bordeaux on Tuesday 17 September 2019, the Challenge of 1.000 is a joint initiative of Digital Africa and the Summit.
The State will invite 1.000 African entrepreneurs to come to Bordeaux to present their solutions at The City of Solutions, a show dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories to be held during the 28th edition of the Africa-France Summit. June 4, 5 and 6, 2020.
The selection of contractors will meet the following criteria:
- Being an African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the 7 districts of The City of Solutions
- Gender Parity
- Geographical balance of origin of Contractors
- Balance of themes on the 7 districts (Access to essential services, Feeding the cities, Building and enhancing the city, Moving around the city / visit the city, Living in the city, Financing and structuring projects, Connecting the city)
- To be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at a lower cost and a strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view
- Be registered on the Digital Africa platform.
In order to apply to the Challenge of 1,000:
- You have to be an African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the 7 districts of The City of Solutions
- Your organization needs a real legal existence (legal statute)
- Your organization should have an increasing revenue
- Your organization should beared a viable product or solution, innovative or duplicable at a lower cost, to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view.
The City of Solutions, a trade fair to highlight projects and initiatives for sustainable cities and regions. Designed as a 360° view of a city, it is structured around seven themed districts to create the city of the future together!
WINNERS WILL BE INVITED (one person per organization): the costs of the plane tickets and 3-days accommodation in Bordeaux will be partially or fully beared depending on the financial capabilities of the winner.
Winners will have a space in the entrepreneurs’ stands at the City of Solutions.