APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 29TH, 2020
Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates. The 2020-21 call for applications targets Digitalent Cohort 5 recent ICT graduates.
The internship is offered to Kenyan youth who recently graduated with ICT, Engineering, Education (e-learning & content development), Medicine, Built Environment, Agriculture, Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication) who must have attained a first class or upper second class honours between January 2018 to the date of this advertisement and/or awaiting graduation.
- Applicant MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years from 2018 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Information Security and Project Management.
- Recent graduates in Project Management Agriculture, Medicine, Built Environment, Education (eLearning and content development), Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication) who have a passion in using Information & Communication Technology (ICT) to integrate the above areas.
- Applicant must have the requisite skills to carry out research and innovation to enable the government leverage ICT for realization of the big 4 agenda.
- Female, persons with disability and graduates from the ASAL regions are encourage to apply.
- Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age Unemployed;
- Should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a twelve (12) months’ full-time programme running from 8:00am-5:00pm
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews. Depending on the core area, the applicants may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- The Authority WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program. However, applicants who successfully complete the program are allowed to competitively apply for any positions the government advertises.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly, will result in disqualification.
Read the instructions carefully
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online; no paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Applicant should submit the correct information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must attach all required documents (Copy Kenya National ID ,Passport Size Photo ,KCSE certificate ,Degree Certificate ,Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Should be willing to be deployed in government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months
- Should have demonstrate passion for ICT
Please follow and like us: