APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 30TH, 2021.
What is the YALTA Business Accelerator about?
The YALTA Business Accelerator, an initiative of The Netherland Foods Partnership within the Youth in Agroecology and Business Learning Track Africa (YALTA page) calls upon SMEs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda to submit their agroecological ideas for a sustainable, healthy and diverse food system.
The 10 selected participants will benefit from business & innovation skills training, innovation jams and coaching to improve their agroecological ideas and turn them into a plan that is ready to be implemented. All 10 participants will get the chance to pitch at a final event.
At the end of the final event, 3 winners will be announced. The winners will receive a matching grant and coaching to make game-changer ideas a reality.
How to apply?
Just click onApplyand fill in the FULL application form BY 30 JUNE 24:00 EAT the latest. Once we have received your application, you will receive a confirmation email. We will keep you updated by mail on the selection process. The final selection will be announced by the end of July.
What are the selection criteria?
We are looking for SMEs who already follow principles of sustainability, aim to benefit people and the planet, and who have clear agroecological ideas on how to do better.
Winning ideas contribute to one or more of these goals:
- Resource efficiency (waste reduction, regenerative agriculture and circular practices)
- Dietary diversity
- Synergies and co-creation in the food system
- Human health and well-being
- Creating value for low-income or other vulnerable groups
Besides impact potential on these goals, applications will be evaluated based on:
- Feasibility and clarity of the idea
- Desirability: is the idea benefiting your customers, clients?
- Viability: is the business model behind the idea viable?
- Current contribution to agroecological principles: what do you do already in your business to be resource-efficient, and benefit people and the planet?
- Suitability: is the YALTA Business Accelerator a good fit for you based on your ambitions
Note: we aim to select at least 1, but preferably 2-3 applicants from each country (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda).