Application deadline: July 20th, 2018:
The first of its kind in Nigeria, GreenHouse Lab is a three-month accelerator focused solely on early-stage, women-led technology start-ups in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as African run start-ups domiciled in the US or UK with products that are scalable in African markets.
Apply today for the opportunity to receive world class tech entrepreneurship training, a minimum of 100K USD and access to a global network of mentors and investors.
- Make sure you have a venture profile published on the VC4Africa platform with your most recent pitch deck attached.
- Apply for the program via the online application form
Demo and Investment Day
During the program, each startup will have the opportunity to meet with investors prior to Demo and Investment Day. At the conclusion of the program, each startup will pitch in front of an audience of key entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and institutions from the global tech ecosystem. GreenHouse Capital will offer a minimum of 100K USD investment to startups that qualify and meet key milestones during the program. This investment excludes other investments that may be made by other investors in our network.
Program Benefits Include:
- The opportunity to work from Vibranium Valley, a recently launched tech campus based in Lagos, Nigeria. Amenities include free office space, wifi and partner resources.
- A minimum of 100K USD investment for startups that qualify and meet key milestones during the program. This excludes other offers that may be offered by our global network of investors.
- Access to our hand-picked global network of mentors and investors
- Distinction as a member of the first cohort in the first female-focused tech accelerator in Nigeria
- Media and press coverage of your startup and participation in the program
- Life-long membership in the GreenHouse Lab alumni network.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the program:
- Must be an early-stage tech startup with at least one female member on their founding or leadership team
- Must have identified a critical need in Africa and is building an effective, sustainable and scalable solution
- Must have a team consisting of at least two members including one technical member
- Must have developed, at a minimum, a beta-product and be in the process of refining a go-to-market strategy, building out sales channels and generating revenue
- Must be extremely passionate about their chosen vertical and demonstrate the necessary commitment to building the company of their dreams.
The three-month accelerator begins in mid-August and ends in mid-November. Selected start-ups will be required to commit full-time to the program in Lagos.