Application Deadline: September 1st, 2018:
Young entrepreneurs from around the world are invited to pitch business ideas that contribute to at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Experts will then provide comprehensive feedback on the submissions, and how businesses can promote sustainable and inclusive growth through entrepreneurship in line with the UN Agenda on Sustainable Development.
A selected panel of impact investors, sustainable finance specialists and other experts will provide feedback on how to promote sustainable and inclusive growth through entrepreneurship in line with the UN Agenda 2030 on Sustainable Development.
Applications from young entrepreneurs with migrant backgrounds including returning migrants; businesses or business ideas which partner with migrants; as well as businesses which offer migration related solutions are particularly encouraged.
Eligibility criteria for applications
- Candidates must be aged between 15 and 34 as of 1 September 2018.
- Candidates may apply to the start-up or the scale-up competition, based on the following criteria:
- Start-up competition: Business ideas, concepts and/or prototypes must be at the very initial stages of development or at early operational stage (1-12 months)
- Scale-up competition: Established businesses must have been at least one year in operation or more (12 months+).
- All ideas, concepts and/or businesses must aim to contribute to at least one of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals. More specifically, ideas, concepts and/or businesses must embed elements of social, economic or environmental sustainability, either in the resulting final product or service of the business, or in the process used to make the product or deliver the service.
- All applications must only be submitted using the application form and should include a picture of the applicant and any eventual attachments.
- Applicants must disclose any start or scale-up funding already received at the time of applying.