Application Deadline: October 7th, 2018:
Africa’s Top 30 Tech Start-ups is an initiative by Accenture to identify the top tech start-ups on the continent.
We are looking for those start-ups founded by Africans, that are solving problems in business, government and civil society. We believe in championing start-ups, accelerating digital transformation, driving innovation and helping to unlock Africa’s abundance for all!
Globally, new ecosystems of diverse players are forming to solve social and business problems. Some of the most pivotal players in these ecosystems are disruptive new digital and specialised technology solution providers—they offer cheaper and faster development times, innovative products and services, and new paths to market. As a Firestarter, you will:
• Join the global Accenture Open Innovation network, membership to this network allows your tech product to be considered for other opportunities across the globe through Accenture.
• Gain media exposure as one of Africa’s Top 30 Tech Start-ups.
• Participate in an Accenture led corporate market access week in Johannesburg, where you will be exposed to pitching techniques, client co-creation sessions and speed dates.
• Be invited to Accenture led client workshops to co-create and pitch with Accenture’s project teams.
• Have the opportunity to house your tech innovation in the Accenture Liquid Studio in Johannesburg, where we host multiple corporate workshops per week.
• Network with corporates and key stakeholders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem at the exclusive awards dinner in Johannesburg February 2019.
TO ENTER YOUR START-UP MUST:
• Be an *African start-up, founded by an African
• Demonstrate innovation
• Be a registered business
• Be less than nine years old
HOW WE WILL SELECT AFRICA’S TOP 30 TECH START-UPS?
We are looking for start-ups:
• That are closing significant market gaps
• Whose core businesses demonstrate innovation
• That demonstrate exponential growth
• Whose products or services are unconstrained by geography
• The tech product must be market validated and at least have customers
• The tech product must be piloted
• Start-ups can be pre or post profit