Application Deadline: 30 September 2019
SheTrades Invest expands to cover countries in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean and Latin America.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) have announced a new call for women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to apply to join SheTrades Invest for an opportunity to receive training and ultimately finance to grow their businesses.
A project of the SheTrades Initiative, SheTrades Invest will be open to women-owned businesses in the countries in which SheTrades has partner investors across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
All applications will be reviewed and selected companies will gain access to learning opportunities and technical assistance provided by ITC and its partners to improve their investment readiness and competitiveness. Companies selected for the training will also be assessed by a growing network of investors looking to fund promising enterprises and ideas.
The second phase of SheTrades Invest will be covering the following sectors: agriculture; artisan; culture; education; energy; environment; financial services; health; housing development; information and communication technologies; Infrastructure and facilities development; manufacturing; supply-chain services; technical assistance services; textile and clothing; tourism; transport and logistics; and water.
This unique platform allows women-owned businesses, organisations, companies and ITC SheTrades partner institutions to:
1. Connect with diverse businesses and build a strong network through which you can strike business deals, increase your credibility, and open doors to new opportunities!
2. Offer and source products & services. Women-owned businesses can sell their products and services by posting offers on the platform. Buyers can then peruse offers, make orders and even post their own tenders on which sellers can bid.
3. Learn new skills through a wide range of FREE e-learning materials. The Virtual Learning Space (VLS), online courses, live webinars and market tools cover various trade-related topics, to equip women entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills to grow their businesses.
4. Participate in workshops, trade fairs and other business events. Within a growing number of countries, women entrepreneurs registered with SheTrades are given opportunities to attend dynamic and enriching in-country activities, all of which are made possible by ITC SheTrades partners and sponsors.
5. Stay up to date with ITC SheTrades activities, news, success stories, videos, publications and more. There is a lot of action to be witnessed, information to be shared, and conversations to be had within the SheTrades community. Check out the different pages on the platform, and take part in nteresting discussions within the forums.
During the first phase of SheTrades Invest, ITC trained over 600 women and businesses on topics related to investment readiness and conducted boot camps in five countries in partnership with local accelerators and other partners.
Women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses interested in joining SheTrades Invest are requested to apply before 30 September 2019
To apply visit the official homepage:
Please follow and like us: