APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 6TH, 2020.
Attention, youth leaders!
Generation Connect is now accepting applications to the Generation Connect Visionaries Board. If you are an active youth leader, passionate about youth engagement, technology, and digital cooperation – this is your opportunity!
Generation Connect is the overarching initiative of the ITU Youth Strategy on the journey to World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21) and the WTDC-21 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit. The three pillars of the Youth Strategy are: Empower, Engage and Participate.
The Generation Connect Visionaries Board will be assembled as part of the efforts related to the implementation of the ITU Youth Strategy to further champion the voices of youth to advance digital development. Two ITU representatives, six nominated high-level appointees and six nominated youth experts/young people, will work together on a voluntary basis1, over a period of a year – 2021, to achieve the board’s strategic objectives.
The objectives of the Generation Connect Visionaries Board include the following:
- To offer strategic guidance on youth participation and empowerment.
- To identify and invite strategic partners to ensure youth engagement and youth participation in digital cooperation.
- To advocate for meaningful youth engagement in digital cooperation, through different promotional activities, such as active social media campaigning and inspirational role model talks.
The key deliverables expected of the Generation Connect Visionaries Board include the following:
- Clear strategic guidance to the ITU on the implementation of the ITU Youth Strategy.
- New partnerships with high-level partners, youth organisations and boards.
- Strong awareness of WTDC-21 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit amongst board members’ own networks.
- Successful and meaningful youth engagement before and during the WTDC-21 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit.