APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 5TH,2021
The Call for Applications for the Smart Cities Innovation Programme is now officially open! If you are you a tech startup operating in the field of Mobility, Housing or Fintech, we encourage you to apply to #SCIPAfrica accelerator and contribute to shaping the African Cities of tomorrow!
What is the Smart Cities Innovation Programme (SCIP)?
SCIP aims at supporting 30 high-potential start-ups from Africa divided into 3 tracks: Smart Mobility, Smart Housing and Fintech for Affordability. The start-ups will benefit from individual mentoring, training as well as intensive networking and matchmaking with international business partners and investors, including Volkswagen, Siemens and the African Business Angels Network (ABAN). Startups will also be able to use Green City Kigali, Rwanda’s flagship smart city project, as a sandbox to test their solutions and enter the Rwandan market. To learn more about SCIP, visit scipafrica.com
Why apply to SCIP?
- Access a network of international partners –Startups will be linked to international business partners, public institutions and investors.
- Get support from dedicated mentors –Startups will be advised by a sector specific mentor and business development mentor.
- Receive training tailored to your needs –Startups will receive trainings based on their identified needs, not a predefined curriculum.
- Learn from peers in your sector –Startups will exchange with their cohort peers in the mobility, housing or fintech sector.
Who are we looking for?
SCIP aims at accelerating start-ups which have:
- Operations in Africa: The startup is operating in one or more African countries. Startups from Rwanda are preferred at equal qualification.
- Innovative Smart Cities Solutions: The start-up provides an innovative technology-powered product or service and/or an innovative business model in the field of Smart Mobility, Smart Housing, and Fintech for affordability.
- Launched their tech-enabled product or service on the market and have customers.
- Growth & job creation potential: The start-up has the potential to expand its operations and meet significant market demand. Through growth, the start-up has the potential to create jobs and other sources of reliable income through its business model and/or connection to value chains.
- Social & environmental impact: The start-up has the potential to have a positive effect on the environment and/or society.
- Strong & motivated team: The team has a solid background to grow the business and demonstrated motivation to join the program. Startups with female members in management are preferred at equal qualification.
Finally, startups with female members in management are preferred at equal qualification.
Please follow and like us: