APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 5, 2021
Future Leaders Connect is the British Council’s long-term global network of emerging policy leaders. Members from more than 13 countries are working to make substantial change through policy-making, campaigns and leadership to tackle some of the most pressing issues we face today.
Apply to become a Future Leaders Connect member
Becoming a member of the British Council’s Future Leaders Connect programme means you will be part of an exclusive group of exceptional individuals from around the world who are recognised as the next generation of leaders.
Applications for 2021 are now open.
The closing date will vary by country, depending on the number of applications we receive, with a finite deadline of Monday 5 July.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria; (otherwise your application cannot be accepted)
- Living in one of our participating countries (Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Aged between 25 and 35 (at the start of the programme)
- Able to speak and understand English (no official qualification is required, but you must be able to speak English to IELTS level 7 or equivalent).
What are we looking for in potential members?
We are looking for exceptional individuals with the ideas, energy and commitment to work collaboratively with all members of Future Leaders Connect and senior leaders. The programme aims to be representative of the countries in which it operates, and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
- You should be able to explain how you want to make change in your country and beyond through policymaking
- You should have a good knowledge about policy and how policymaking happens in your country
- You should be willing to engage with the British Council and the Future Leaders Connect network in the long-term
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership ability
- You should have strong networks and be committed to supporting the development of the country you are living in through policy change.