APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2021
Are you a woman owning a Senegalese SME and want to win more business?
Apply to the program to benefit from a three-month program, customizable and adapted to your needs through training, coaching, mentoring, and networking with potential clients and partners!
The capacity-building program for women SME managers in Senegal is a World Bank initiative to improve women’s access to public and private markets. Faced with the many obstacles that hinder women’s ability to win contracts, the program aims at strengthening the access to markets of Senegalese women-led small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through a combination of technical and leadership skills training, coaching, mentoring by successful women entrepreneurs and networking. The program will also serve as a lever to benefit from other support offered by the Senegalese ecosystem, particularly on financial aspects.
What are you looking for?
- Improve your technical skills related to market access
- Improve your behavioural skills in leadership, public speaking, emotional intelligence
- Be coached by professionals to maximize your ability to win business
- Meet potential clients and increase your visibility with clients
- Find business partners and new business opportunities
What we offer
A three-month capacity building program with a flexible schedule, which will include:
- Group training sessions
- Individual coaching sessions
- Mentoring sessions with seasoned professionals
- Networking events to connect you with potential clients and partners
- Privileged access to support services of the Senegalese ecosystem
To be eligible for the program, the SME must meet the following conditions:
- Role of women in the SME: to be owned or co-owned by a woman (more than 50% of the shares) or managed by a woman;
- Formalization: Hold a national identification number for companies and associations (NINEA);
- Legal definition of a small or medium-sized Senegalese company: Have an annual turnover of between 5 million FCFA and 2 billion FCFA and have at least 51% of its capital held by a Senegalese citizen;
- Location: Be based in Dakar or Thies for the first cohort. Be based in Dakar, Thies, Ziguinchor, Diourbel, Saint-Louis for the first cohort.
Two application phases will be organized over a 12-month period, as follows:
- The first cohort of SMEs based in Dakar and Thies (75 SMEs)
- The second cohort of SMEs based in Dakar, Thies, Ziguinchor, Diourbel and Saint-Louis (75 SMEs)
The indicative timetable for the 2nd cohort of SMEs led by women is as follows:
The application phase starts on August 9 and closes on September 19, 2021, for the program to be rolled out from October 11, 2021 to January 14, 2022.