APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 5TH, 2021.
JX Nippon Mining & Metals Group, the leading corporate group in the non-ferrous metals and ceramics industry, is looking for game-changing Startups and ideas to make a difference together.
Following the success of the first edition in 2019, JX Nippon Mining & Metals is delighted to launch the second edition of the Innovation Challenge for the Next Generation. If you are a driven Startup or researcher with big ideas and want to have a part in shaping the future, participate in JX Nippon Mining & Metals Group’s Innovation Challenge for the Next Generation 2021-2022 by participating in one of the themes below:
- Advanced materials to support lives and lifestyles
Materials and processes for next-generation communications, battery and semiconductor devices, metal-based additive manufacturing, new materials such as copper-based alloys.
- Technologies to facilitate materials development
Solutions that increase the productivity and cost-efficiency of materials development, such as innovative manufacturing processes, novel measurement technologies and Materials Informatics.
- Circular economy and decarbonization
Ideas and technologies that create circular production loops to ensure that our production methods are sustainable. Eg: Environmentally friendly E-scrap materials recovery technology, innovative hydrogen storage materials, or catalysts for the generation of hydrogen carriers
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Business entities, regardless of its business area. Startups and SMEs may be required, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
- Individuals or groups of Individuals regardless of country of residence such as Independent Researchers or Research Teams, and those who are in the Research Organizations or Institute of Higher Learning and Research Institutes.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility may be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, registration certificate, etc.).
This Challenge is not open to: employees and representatives of the Sponsor and Agorize and the members of their families.
This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
Winners Of The Challenge Will Receive
- Grand Prize: USD 25,000 in cash for a Proof of Concept
- Runner Up: USD 15,000 in cash for a POC
- Second Runner Up: USD 10,000 in cash for a POC
- Possibility of receiving additional investment
- Comprehensive business support and access to JXNMM R&D assets